Most of Shop New Manila pieces are made of Neoprene which is a type of cotton-polyester blend fabric. Unlike silk and linen, this fabric is prone to fuzz balls/pilling if not properly cared for. But! No need to panic as we know how much you love Neoprene pieces and we're here to share how you can properly care for them to avoid pilling.
- Turn your neoprene pieces inside out before washing
- If possible, hand-wash them as this is the gentler way compared to spinning in washing machines
- Machine wash can also be done just opt for your machine's gentle cycle
- Best to use liquid detergent as powdered detergents tend to rub on fabrics
- DO NOT wash these neoprene pieces with other garments with zippers, buttons, etc.
- DO NOT iron. Soft Neoprene fabrics are wrinkle-resistant although there will be cases that it might wrinkle especially if a dryer was used.
- If ironing is needed, opt to use a steamer or if not available, lay a cotton cloth on top of your neoprene pieces before ironing.
- Avoid the dryer as often as possible :)